the deceitful desires
The purpose of this lesson is to see that the deceitful desires are present in every flesh. And at the same time to understand that the only way to oppose them is through the knowledge of Grace that is registered in the gospel of the Apostle Paul.
1. KNOWING OUR TRUE IDENTITY
a) Heb 4:12 "...the word of God...piercing even to the division of soul and spirit..."b) 2 Cor 4:7 "But we have this treasure in earthen vessels,"c) Eph 5:27 "...that He might present her to himself a glorious church..."d) Col 2:10 “...and you are complete in Him,”
2. KNOWING THE DECEITFUL DESIRESa) Eph 4:22 "...that you put off...the old man..."b) Gal 5:19 "Now the works of the flesh are evident..."c) Rom 7:18 "I know that in me (that is in my flesh) nothing good dwells;"d) Rom 12:1-2 "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed..."
3. PUTTING OFF WHAT GOD HAS TAKEN AWAY
a) Col 2:11 "...putting off the body of the sins of the flesh..."b) Gal 2:20 "...and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith..."c) 2 Cor 10:3-5 "...bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.."d) Phil 3:3 "...rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh..."
a. Gal 5:24 “And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh”b. Heb 5:11-14 ”...to those who are of full age...have their senses exercised..”
c. 2 Tim 1:6-8 “God has given us a spirit of power, love, and...”d. 2 Tim 2:6-7 “The hardworking farmer...first partake...”
EVALUATION - REVIEW
According to the lesson studied through the gospel we can affirm that...
1. The chosen of the Lord are....
a. Carnal beings that have a spiritual experience.
b. Living souls that can receive Christ as savior.
c. Perfect and complete spirits (treasures) clothed in flesh (clay).
d. None of the above
2. The evil that we commit, lies, jealousies, etc, are owed to...
a. Spirits of demons that enter into the believer.
b. Baggage that we inherit from our ancestors.
c. Witchcraft that someone is casting on us.
d. The deceitful desires that dwells in our flesh.
3. As to God our body of the sins of the flesh…
a. He put off in the circumcision of Christ two thousand years ago.
b. Was crucified with its passions and desires.
c. God sees us in spirit without spot or blemish, perfect.
d. We are to bring its desires captive through knowledge.
e. All of the above
We Declare You Perfect And Bringing The Deceitful Desires Captive!!